For the game Global Green, I also created a level editor. It is written in C# using a combination of XNA and Windows Forms.
- Create entire levels, ready to use in the game.
- Terrain editor with multiple brushes to shape the terrain, automatic texturing of slopes/flat surfaces, low/high places.
- Path editor to create the path the airplane will follow in game, using control points.
- Placement of areas and scenery to fill up the level.
- Easy to use gizmos to handle translation, rotation and scaling of objects.
- Environment settings to change sun light settings, ambient light, fog, ...
- Undo/Redo functionality.
- Editing of level information that is displayed in the game.
- Multiple viewports with top view camera option.
Tools used: XNA Game Studio 4, Visual Studio 2010
The latest version of the game and the editor can be downloaded here.