Around May-June 2010, I made this framework. It is written in C++ and uses the DirectX 10 SDK and NVIDIA PhysX SDK.
- Large open terrain from heightmap with automatic texturing.
- Grass geometry shader, with wind animation. My paper about the grass shader can be downloaded here (Dutch).
- Realistic water with possibility to animate geometry for large scale waves.
- Physics, collision detection, trigger volumes and forcefields with the use of the NVIDIA PhysX SDK.
- Post processing shaders: Bloom, Underwater effect.
- First person character controller with inventory system.
- Use of models + materials
- Sunlight/Ambient light + possibility to use spotlights.
- Camera system to switch between multiple cameras